Day 14----- Find the "Leaks"!!!


Before you can find the "leaks", you have to convince yourself that you have them. So today I am going to tell what to look for with questions for you to ask yourself. It is estimated that 70-80% of people have a leaky gut. The other 30% are probably who we would call the "health nuts" in the world. By the way, that is my goal. I could not be more pleased if I was known as a "health nut". That would be up there with me being known as a "Christian" (Or Larry said "biker babe").  If you want to look up something interesting sometime, Google Blue Zones. There are 5 areas of the world where people live in the 90's and 100's, and mostly die from old age and not diseases.  There is one in California. Although I have been to California multiple times, that is on my bucket list to visit.


So here you go. Ask yourself these questions...


Do I have?




1. Do I have---Chronic diarrhea, constipation, gas or bloating?
 Now don't let the word "Chronic" make you think that this is something that you would
necessarily have every day. Diarrhea is usually a good thing. It is your body saying--Get this stuff
out of me !!!!, (bad food, bad drink and toxins of every kind). Constipation is saying something too---I need more fiber--quit eating all those processed foods that clog me up. So if are eating a good diet, diarrhea and constipation should be rare.


2. Do I have?---A poor immune system? You can tell by asking yourself some more questions. Do you usually catch everything that is "going around"? Why is it that you have 5 people in your family and 3 get the flu and the others don't? Ah Ha!!! Some have healthy white blood cells. And I don't really know how to say this without getting a backlash of comments or criticism but just remember this is MY STORY and it is not up for debate, so I will say it anyway. Don't avoid those people. Pre-health days, the strongest immune system Larry and I ever had was when we taught school and were around literally hundreds of sick kids every day. Neither one of us has ever had a flu shot and we remember only one time having a serious case of the flu. Now I have several nurses and some doctors that are friends of mine on Facebook who want to choke me right now. So just tell people that I am crazy and that is HER story and not mine. You listen to your body and make your own decision. Now from my perspective, if I am running a fever, I stay away from people because that is common courtesy and I don't want to make them sick just in case they have a poor immune system. But if I am not running a fever, I'm not staying away from crowds, especially church if I am strong enough to get out of bed.


3. Do I have --A craving for carbs and sugar? It is your body crying out for energy. Sugar does provide short term energy, you know--- the white kind found in a sugar bowl.  It is best found in fruits and other foods, because these provide long term energy. (more later).



4. Do I have---Arthritis and joint pain?




5. Do I have--- Depression, anxiety, ADD or ADHD? (more later)




6. Do I have---Headaches, brain fog or memory loss?




7. Do I have----Skin rashes and problems such as acne, eczema, or rosacea?




8. Do I have---Excessive fatigue?




9. Do I have---An autoimmune diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, celiac disease, Crohn's, fibromyalgia, lupus, etc.  If you have a disease, Google it and see if it is an autoimmune disease. I just listed the ones that I am familiar with.  There are many others.




10. Do I have---a Vitamin deficiency? This is shown a lot of times by symptoms you can see on the outside of your body. For example:
1. Eyes--poor night vision--A, ruptured blood vessels, C, nearsightedness, D and pale lower eyelid(Iron), dark circles or bags--allergies, dehydration
2. Teeth and Gums--Bleeding gums, C, folic acid
3. Hair---Hair loss B2, B5, Biotin, D, Zinc, Dry hair, A, E, Omega 3, Protein, Iodine, Selenium and Biotin
4. Nails---White marks, Calcium or Zinc, Brittle nails, Calcium, Magnesium, Iodine, Cuticles tear easily, Protein
5. Muscles and Joints--Cramping--Magnesium, B1,B2,B6:  Twitching, B1,B2,B3,B6,B9,D, Magnesium and Calcium
6.Mouth---Canker sores B3, B12,Folic acid, Calcium, Cracks in the corner of your mouth B2





Weak tooth enamel, A,D,K and Calcium, Painful tongue B2,B3 and folic acid, Loss of smell or taste: Zinc
7. Skin---Bumps on the back of the arms A, Dry or rough skin A,E, Unusual nose bleeds C, easy bruising, C, Acne during menstruation B6, Dermatitis B2B3,Biotin, Red stretch marks, Zinc


I am going to cover vitamins more in detail later, but for right now if it were me, I would find some things on the above list that were bothering me--- take dry skin for example, it said you needed vitamin A and E. I would ask Siri, Moto X or whoever you talk to one your phone, what foods provide Vitamin A? E?  It will come up with more than you can eat.  You can't go wrong with God's vitamins. But if you want to hurry, always try to get a multivitamin that is made from real food and not chemicals.


So your job is to see if you are in the 70% of people who have "leaky gut", and start on the journey to fix it.  I will talk next more specifically about what causes it, and how you can reverse it. But as for now, just start eating foods--you guessed it---that God made. He did not give you leaky gut because he is mad at you or because you did something wrong (unless you consider the rejection of His food that he gave you, as wrong), he said in John 10:10 that it was the thief that came to steal, kill and destroy, but He came that we might have life and have it more abundantly.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog