Day 6  The Real Pro-life Issue 


The word probiotic means pro (for) biotic (life). So, the word antibiotic means anti (against) biotic (life). To be healthy we have to have probiotics in our "gut" so we can stay away from antibiotics that can destroy our health. Now in case I get carried away (too passionate, and start putting everything in caps and screaming) let me just say that there are life saving times in our lives that we need antibiotics.  I would always take an antibiotic after surgery, mainly because I don't trust the germs that your encounter in a hospital. But the reason I am so passionate about overuse of antibiotics is based on "my story".  When my dad was in the hospital on his death bed, the doctor came in and said, "He is going to die. Not from what is wrong with him (an infection in his stomach), but because we have nothing for treatment that will work.  He is resistant to every antibiotic that we have because he has taken so many over the years and his system is immune to them, but we can give him morphine to keep him comfortable".  My dad was not chronically sick and had a very sharp mind, but the morphine keep him drugged and he was not very alert.  So we began to make funeral plans, whispering about  who would sing, who would preach, etc. One of my sisters said, "There was a scripture that he wanted to use, let me think a minute". About that time Dad opened his eyes, looked straight at her and quoted the scripture he wanted.  He did not last through the night.


Antibiotics are very powerful, and you have to respect the power. They are so powerful that when you get an infection, the antibiotic does not just go to the area of infection, but travels to all parts of the body cell by cell.  The good news is that they kill the bacteria.  The bad news is that they kill the good bacteria. It can cause your gut to dysfunction 18 months after you take it.  They temporarily suppress the immune system so much so that they can bring on a secondary infection caused by the suppressed immune system. So there the cycle starts.  Now one main problem is that antibiotics will not help a virus. Colds, upper respiratory tract infections, most ear infections, sore throats, bronchitis, and many sinus infections will not be helped by antibiotics.  But a lot of doctors prescribe this!! How sad is that!!!  Now to the doctor's defense, I heard a doctor on television say, "Yes we give patients things they do not need, because they come in and ask for certain things---things they have seen advertised on TV, things their friends and families have taken that supposedly worked.  And if we don't give them a prescription, they will say we didn't help them and will go doctor shopping" To me that is even sadder!!!  Something even sadder is they start giving antibiotics to children every time you turn around. Please, for your children's sake take control of their health. READ and QUESTION. He said in a lot of cases we, as doctor's should  say, "Just go home, rest, eat some chicken soup and let your body heal".  He said one thing right---Doctor's do not have the power to heal.  They do a lot of good things, but ONLY GOD CAN HEAL. Honestly, he said that he would lose BUSINESS, and somebody else would get it.


Now remember, your body is designed to heal itself. Probiotics are the foot soldiers.  They are the healthy bacteria that live in our bodies, in the GI tract. I have read that there are approximately one hundred trillion units in the tract and weighing 3-4 pounds.  This is God's army!!!  But we have to let it work, and sometimes it takes a little time. Why do we not do this?  Because we have been taught to fear sickness--so what do we do---we run to the doctor for a quick fix.  Just listen to the news media that says everyone is dying and you will die too if you don't______and I'll let you fill in the blank. Symptoms of sickness are a BLESSING.  It is God's way of saying that you are putting something unhealthy in your body that should not be there. I don't know about you, but I loved my COMFORT foods that brought DIS-comfort. Now I do not get distressed with symptoms. I am glad for the warning. With the internet, I can Google and find natural cures available and get started.




Larry and I went to Canada a few weeks ago, and we went through something that made us very tired and weak (more about that later), plus we sat at airports, breathed passengers coughing breath---you get the picture. When we got home we were sick.  Larry had a fever and I had bronchitis and a cough. I am convinced that what we had is what the TV, and people were calling the flu. So the word is out---you are old (and those are the ones dying), so you better go to the doctor. Now there are times for doctors (remember this is OUR story---you write your own).  The first thing I did was make a big pot of chicken soup.  We were in and out of bed for two days, eating chicken soup with raw fruits and vegetables every meal, along with LOTS of NATURAL PROBIOTICS. It took a few days for me to get the mucus out of my lungs, and a few more days to quit coughing, but we survived.  And NO, we did not get the flu shot. I have never had one and never will.  Remember this is Our story. I am not telling you what to do. I do know, though, that many people I know who took the flu shot got the flu. So there you go. Life is about choices!!


Pickles, Kimchee, ACV, Kraut, Kombucha
Recipe
So what are the natural probiotics that we eat/drink?  With every meal at home, we drink water with apple cider vinegar.  (Background story on another day) You can add other things to your water besides just ACV. (See recipe). We just drink it plain. Before we eat our meal, we eat sauerkraut, kimchee, dill pickles, or some fermented food. There are others out there---kiefer, (watch for sugar), etc. We choose ours, because I make them (more later).  We also drink Larry's delicious home brew--kombucha!!!! Kombucha MAN I call him.  You can take probiotic pills.  I did take some one time, but when the bottle was gone I did not buy another.  I found out that God had great probiotics to eat and drink and they contain NO TOXINS.  If you choose to take probiotics, do your research and get good ones.  More expensive does not mean better.  Google what constitutes good ones.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog