Day 1 Healthy is God's Way




With all the questions I have gotten in just the few hours since my post, I realized that I will not have time to answer each question individually, so I decided to start a blog for those interested.  I want to begin by saying that I think God designed our body to heal itself.  There were no doctors as we know in the Old Testament and people lived hundreds of years, doing it God's way.  The Bible is full of suggestions on foods we should eat and not eat, herbs that we should be eating and essential oils and plants that we should be putting on our body. This statement has motivated me to learn everything I can to heal myself naturally. Larry and I read a book several years ago called The Solid Gold Stethoscope by Edgar Berman, MD.  It was an eye opener for us, realizing for the first time, I guess, that the medical field is a business. I won't go into a lot of detail, I'll just say it changed our lives.  Now there are places in your life for doctors. I have seen 7 in my 69 years that have helped me with things I felt like I could not do myself.  If I knew what I know now, I could have eliminated a few of those, and I would have sought out more Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants, who have more time to listen and analyze without just throwing out a pill for everything that ails us. But the truth of the matter, in my opinion, we have turned our healthcare over to man instead of God. God gives lots of guidelines in the Bible about health. I have read testimonies of people healing cancer with baking soda. I have read others that used the Budwig diet-- eating cottage cheese and flaxseed oil.  If I had cancer I would try any or all of these because they are natural choices.


Now as a disclaimer, I would never suggest any medical advice or healthcare practices for you. Our bodies respond differently to different foods and different drugs. We are all unique individuals and we have to listen to our bodies. Larry and I have tried things that did not work for us. I will only be sharing what did work for us and why we decided to do it. I will also suggest books that we have read and you can feel free to buy them and make up your own mind. I just ask that you take charge of your health and you will be amazed at what you will discover and the money you will save. I also suggest that you do it before you develop some chronic illness, because when it strikes, we panic, run to the doctor and grab the treatment. Whereas, if we know the options before we get sick we can make wiser decisions.

Comments

  1. Thank you Dereatha. This is a breath of fresh air. I am ready to learn!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog